Create a padlet from scratch
Padlet = Collaboration made simple!
With a pinch of ideas + a cup of creativity... (and maybe add in a sprinkle of genius)... you get the world at your fingertips to create a beautiful masterpiece! And it's easy!
So, how do you start this beautiful creation?
Create a padlet
- From your dashboard, click on the pink Make a padlet button in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Next, you have two options:
- Create a padlet from scratch (using a Blank board)
- Use a Template from the Gallery
- Click on the Blank board at the top of the panel.
- After clicking the Blank board your padlet will begin creation! A new padlet will populate with a panel on the right where you can change your Title and pick your Format (with or without Sections).
- Click Done!
Customize your padlet
Click on the Share arrow in the top right corner of the padlet to choose your Visitor permissions and Link privacy settings.
- Visitor permissions - Select the dropdown menu to decide whether users can be a Reader, Writer [default], Moderator, or have No access to your padlet.
- Link privacy - We provide many options so you can make your content as public or as private as you want.
- Choose from 4 standard options: Secret [default], Secret - Password, Secret - Log in, and Public. Learn more about those here.
Click on the Settings cog icon (⚙️) to bring up the Settings menu. Here you can change your wallpaper, update your profile icon, and customize how your posts are added and displayed on the padlet. Click here to see all of the many options you have to make your padlet unique to you.
At this point, you have a blank padlet that you can create posts on. So start posting!
Send your work to the world (or just a few friends).
Within the Share menu there are numerous options for sharing your work with others. Pick between copying a link and sharing it out, presenting a Slideshow (no extra work required), using a QR code, and many more.
You can also choose to Add a collaborator. Simply search users by username or email address > click Invite > and assign individual permissions for each.