Get started with Padlet
Congratulations! You've signed up for Padlet, the easiest way to create and collaborate in the world.
This post will serve as a brief guide to help you understand how to use Padlet.
Start from the dashboard
The dashboard is the first screen you see after sign in. From here you can access everything padlet has to offer:
- Padlets: The icons in the center of the screen are your padlets. Click on one to begin editing! The bold font displays the padlet's title and the grey font below shows the owner. As you create, like, and contribute to padlets, they will appear here, organized by the tabs on the left.
- Tabs: Here you can access you Recents tab to find the padlets you've visited in the past 30 days, the Bookmarks tab where you can manage and organize the padlets you want to keep track of, your profile and organization pages, your Shared tab where you can see the padlets you've been added to as a collaborator, and the Gallery where you can see some of the best padlets out there.
- Account settings: Update your username, email, password, and membership settings by clicking the gear icon (⚙️) on the bottom-left side of your screen.
- Padlet announcements: See what's new with Padlet by selecting the microphone icon on the bottom-left side of your screen.
- Help page: Get help with any question you might have by selecting the ( ? ) icon on the bottom-left side of your screen.
Make a padlet
If you're comfortable with the dashboard, or you're just impatient and ready to get going, you can begin making padlets by clicking the Make a padlet button on the top-right side of your screen.
When you select this option you will need to choose from the different format options, shown below. You can hover over each option to preview it.
The format will determine the structure of your padlet. The easiest way to learn about the formats is to play around with them and make padlets. And don't stress, you can always change the format of your padlet later on.
Design the padlet
From your padlet you can use the modify cog (⚙) to edit the title, wallpaper, and other appearance settings.
You can also use the ( + ) button to add posts. Posts on Padlet can accommodate almost any kind of file or link, including text, images, video, Spotify links, YouTube links, PDFs, padlets, and many more.
Posts themselves can also be edited, deleted, or rearranged once submitted. The possibilities are endless for the stories you tell and the beauty you create.
Control the privacy of your padlet
You can control the privacy of a padlet in the Share window, accessed by selecting the Share button on the top-right side of your padlet.
Choose from 4 standard options: Private, Password Protected, Secret [default], and Public. Learn more about those here or below.
Choose whether people can read, write [default], moderate, or administer your padlet. You can also choose whether visitors need to be logged in to access your padlet.
You can also officially add contributors by selecting ADD MEMBERS. Learn more about how to add contributors here.
Finally, you can turn on moderation so that you can approve posts before they appear.
Share your padlet
When you're ready to share your padlet outside of your inner circle, click the Share button on the top-right or your padlet screen. This will open up the Share menu, shown below, which gives you a wide variety of options.
The simplest way is to select Copy link to clipboard and send that link directly however you choose. If your privacy is set to Secret and Can Write (the default settings), anyone with the link will be able to view and post to your padlet. You can also email the padlet, get a QR code, or send the padlet out on social media. On mobile, you can also find the link/QR code in the export menu. Learn more here about how to share your padlet.
That's it. Now go make something magnificent!