What privacy settings should I use for my padlet?
Neon, Gold, and Platinum
Padlet privacy settings
Padlets made on Neon, Gold, or Platinum accounts have four privacy settings, which you can adjust by going to the padlet and clicking the Share arrow. This is what the settings mean:
Private: Only you and the Padlet users that you invite to the padlet will be able to access the padlet.
- When you invite a user to your private padlet, you decide whether they will be able to administer, edit, write, or read the contents of the padlet.
Password: You set a password that visitors will be required to enter to access this padlet.
Secret: Anyone with the link can access the padlet, but the link will be hidden from Google and public areas of Padlet. [This is the default setting!]
- With a secret padlet you can also use the toggle to require that visitors be logged in to Padlet accounts. Aside from the extra layer of security, comments and post will display their author's names when it is enabled.
Public: The padlet can show up in Google searches and can be featured by Padlet on your profile page.
Visitor permissions explained
Assign or edit visitor permissions to control how others can interact with the padlet. There are three access levels available:
- Can read: Visitors can view the padlet and the posts. They cannot add new posts, edit existing posts, or change the padlet.
- Can write: Visitors can view and add posts. They cannot edit and approve others' posts, modify and delete the padlet, or invite collaborators.
- Can edit: Visitors can view, add posts, and edit and approve others' posts. They cannot modify and delete the padlet or invite collaborators.
If you invite other members via email, you can also give them administrative privileges, which would allow them to modify the padlet itself.
The privacy settings for padlets created within a team environment are the same as for padlets created by a user with a Platinum/Gold/Neon account with the addition of the Team wide privacy setting option
Team wide: With this privacy setting, only team members will be able to access the padlet. Even if someone outside the team has the link, they will not have access to the padlet.
With this privacy setting, you can also use the toggle to decide whether the padlet will show up in the team dashboard and set the visitor permissions.
Backpack and Briefcase
The privacy settings for padlets created within a Backpack or Briefcase environment are the same as for padlets created by a user with a Platinum/Gold/Neon account except that there is no public privacy setting and there is an additional Org wide privacy setting option.
When padlets are set to the org wide privacy, only licensed users in your account will be able to access the padlet.
With this privacy setting, you can also use the toggle to decide whether the padlet will show up on everyone's dashboard and set the visitor permissions.