What privacy settings should I use for my padlet?
Neon, Gold, and Platinum members
Padlet privacy settings
Padlets made on Neon, Gold, or Platinum accounts have four privacy settings, which you can adjust by going to the padlet and clicking Share (arrow button). This is what the settings mean:
- Private: Only you and the people you add by email can access this padlet.
- Password: Visitors will be required to enter a password to access this padlet.
- Secret: Anyone with the link can access the padlet, but the link will be hidden from Google and public areas of Padlet. [This is the default setting!]
- Public: The padlet can show up in Google searches and can be featured by Padlet on your profile page. Like this account
- Team wide (For team accounts only): This padlet will be published to your team's dashboard for member access.
Logged in visitors only
Click this toggle button to limit access to visitors with a padlet account. Aside from the extra layer of security, comments and post will display their author's names when it is enabled.
Assign or edit visitor permissions to control how others can interact with the padlet. There are three access levels available:
- Can read: Visitors can view the padlet and the posts. They cannot add new posts, edit existing posts, or change the padlet.
- Can write: Visitors can view and add posts. They cannot edit and approve others' posts, modify and delete the padlet, or invite collaborators.
- Can edit: Visitors can view, add posts, and edit and approve others' posts. They cannot modify and delete the padlet or invite collaborators.
If you invite other members via email, you can also give them administrative privileges, which would allow them to modify the padlet itself.
Backpack, Briefcase and Team members
Most of the privacy settings for Backpack, Briefcase and Team accounts are the same as the Neon and Pro settings.
The only difference is that instead of a public option, you can share padlets Org/Team wide.
When you share padlets org/team-wide, there are two requirements for people to access your padlet:
1. Membership to your organization/team
2. Link to the padlet
Display on dashboard (For Teams, Backpack, and Briefcase members)
Padlets are hidden by default. Toggle on Display in team/org dashboard to make it visible to everyone in your organization.
Organization-wide padlets can only be viewed by folks who are members of the Backpack or Briefcase account.