Add users with a CSV file
If you have a large number of users you want to invite as members of your organization, you can register them simultaneously by uploading a .csv (comma-separated values) file that contains user information.
How do you do it?
- Copy this sheet and fill out the fields according to the guidelines below:
- The password must be between 8-128 characters.
- The email address is optional for student accounts.
- You can leave the fields for username and password blank if you want us to auto-generate them. The account owner has the power to override all auto-generated login credentials.
- Select a valid role: Teacher or Student.
- Beware of duplicates to avoid errors.
- Download the file as .csv.
- Open the file with a text editor or Microsoft excel.
- Add rows for all the users.
- Copy the content.If you are using Excel, save the file. Then open it in a text editor (such as Notepad or TextEdit) and ensure that the values are comma-separated before copying the content. Be sure to delete the column titles.
- From the homepage, click on the three-dot ellipsis button (...) found on the bottom left corner and select Manage People > Add new user.
- Click on the second tab, Add Multiple Users.
- Paste the copied content in the box provided.
- Click Review > Submit.
An invite email will be sent to all newly added users with instructions on how to join the organization. If you experience any problems, contact us. We'll gladly assist!