Breakout links are a unique way to share your padlet. Using these specialized links you can send out specific sections without revealing the entire padlet to them! Group projects have never been easier! All members of a group work together without ideas from other groups swaying their thoughts. Of course, there are many different use cases for this but you get the idea.
Using breakout links
Follow these steps to use breakout links with no problem:
- Open your padlet of choice
- Click the Share arrow in the top-right corner of the padlet
- Go to the Links section and click Breakout links
- After clicking Breakout links you will need to enable this feature if you haven't yet. To enable, toggle the switch to the ON position.
- Toggling this feature ON reveals a panel where you can copy the link to the desired section and share it separate from the entire padlet.
Disabling breakout links
You've enabled breakout links but no longer want to use them. How do you turn them off? Follow steps 1-3 above and turn the toggle button next to 'Enable breakout links?' to the OFF position.
I can still see all of my sections. I thought they were supposed to be secluded?
What is the difference between breakout links and a submission request link?
Using a submission request link allows you to invite a person to post without seeing the underlying padlet at all. There is an option to allow the padlet to be seen after posting but there are other alternatives, too.