What are cookies and how do I enable them?
A cookie, also known as a web cookie or a browser cookie, is a small piece of data sent from a website and stored in a user's web browser while a user is browsing a website. For example, when you first use padlet.com, we place some small pieces of data in your browser, so we can identify you in the future. When you visit us again in the future, we use the information stored in your browser to find out if you created a post or a padlet in the past, so that we can make sure you can edit or modify your posts and padlets. Some users have set their browsers to avoid all cookies. So, when they use padlet.com, it malfunctions. Here's how to enable cookies on your browser:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click the vertical three-dot ellipsis button (...) and then go to Settings.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
- Click Cookies and Site Data.
- From here, you can adjust your cookies.
- On your computer, open Safari
- From the Safari menu, select Preferences.
- In the Safari preferences window, click Privacy.
- To set your preferences for accepting cookies, toggle Cookies and website data ON.
- On the menu bar, click on the Firefox menu in the upper right and select Preferences.
- Select the Privacy and Security panel.
If Standard is selected, this is the default setting and, except for trackers, all cookies are enabled. For more information, see Trackers and scripts Firefox blocks in Enhanced Tracking Protection.
If Strict is selected, either choose Standard or switch to Custom.
If Custom is selected, either uncheck Cookies (this will allow all cookies) or select the setting to only block Cross-site tracking cookies — includes social media cookies.
- Close the page. Any changes you've made will automatically be saved.
- Go to the Settings icon.
- Select Safari from the Settings menu.
- Toggle Block All Cookies OFF.
- Before the cookie settings change will take effect, Safari must restart. To restart Safari, close the app and reopen it.
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app.
- To the right of the address bar, tap More and then Settings.
- Tap Site settings and then Cookies.
- Turn Cookies ON or OFF.