How to turn padlet into a slideshow presentation
There are two great ways to build and present a presentation with Padlet. You can use the expanded post view or the Stream format. Here's how:
Presentations with the expanded post view
If you open a post in the expanded view you will see arrow buttons as well as a number at the top of the screen (squared below) denoting the current post's position in the order of posts on that padlet. You can also toggle the subject and body of the posts (pointed to below).
From the expanded view you can use the arrows or the arrow keys on your keyboard to traverse through posts as a presentation. You can also toggle the subject and body of the posts.
Many posts with attachments will open automatically in the expanded view but for all posts, you can select the three-dot ellipsis ( ... ), and from the menu that pops up, select Expand post.
Here is how posts will be ordered in the expanded view by format:
- Canvas: Posts will be ordered from newest to oldest
- Timeline: Posts will be ordered from left to right on the timeline
- Wall: Posts will be ordered from left to right and down by rows
- Grid: Posts will be ordered left to right and down by rows
- Shelf: Posts will be ordered top to bottom and left to right by columns
- Map: Posts will be ordered from newest to oldest
Presentations with the Stream format
Alternatively, you can create a padlet in Stream format. Reorder the posts as you'd like them to appear on the presentation and traverse the slides vertically by scrolling on your window.
Next, open the post by clicking the three-dotted icon on the top right corner and choosing Expand post.
Use the navigation arrows to move to the next slide.